Hey, it's Wednesday! Let's play #HilemanTakeover! Today's contestant is Kyle Chandler, Director of Marketing Services here at Hileman Group. When he's not developing effective marketing strategies, you can find him in a meeting or two, coming up with bold new ideas for effective marketing strategies. Like always, follow the #HilemanTakeover hashtag on Twitter and Instagram today to see what he does all day long!
- Name: Kyle Chandler
- Hometown: Leroy, Ohio (It is a very small town on the far Eastside of Cleveland but I have been fully converted to the Westside for 5 years now ☺)
- Education: I attended Bowling Green State University - Go Falcons! While there I received my bachelor’s degree in Visual Communications and a double minor in Entrepreneurship and Computer Science
- Position at Hileman Group: Director of Marketing Services
- Favorite part of your job: This is a tough one cause it is a pretty long list. The biggest thing I would have to say is the team. I have the joy of working with some pretty smart and passionate people when it comes to the world of inbound marketing. A very close second place is the thrill of seeing your ideas come to fruition especially in the form of ROI for our clients!
- Cats or dogs: Both-ish… I grew up with cats most of my life but got my first dog after I graduated from college. His name is Maddox and he is a rescue dog that is part Pitbull, Lab and Boxer. Plus he is a big Cleveland Browns fan!
- Little known fact about yourself: I have a twin sister!
In regards to the standard twin questions, let’s try and hit them all right off the bat:
- No, we are not identical twins (it doesn’t work that way with a boy and a girl ☺)
- No, we cannot feel sympathy pains (maybe for the better)
- I was born first by almost 45 minutes (yes, that long… my poor mother…)
- Yes, we are best friends!
- What is your morning routine: I am an early morning kind of person, my first alarm normally goes off around 5:30 (snoozed probably 2-3 times). Before climbing out of bed, I normally check my email, schedule for the day and then social media. From there, it is getting ready and out the door to the office with my first of many cups of coffee.
- What do you usually do after work? Well it has kind of changed recently. My wife and I welcomed our son into our lives on April 28th, so since then it has been a lot of diaper changing, rocking him to sleep and sleeping myself ☺. Outside of that I am a big fan of woodworking and building projects around the house. Then of course the “occasional” craft beer!
- Favorite sports team: Unfortunately, I am a born and raised Cleveland Browns fan. There is always next year!!
- Favorite quote: Sorry it is a long one but a good one!
“The longer I love, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company...a church....a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude...I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you...we are in charge of our attitudes.”
― Charles R. Swindoll
Isn't he great? So, follow him on Twitter and Instagram to view his updates throughout the day today!