What better way to close out the month of February than with an employee takeover?! Our special guest for today is Kate Penrod, Visual Designer at Hileman Group! When she's not designing awesome websites, you can find her furiously noting the differences between Game of Thrones the book and the TV show. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram to get a look into a typical day for her.
But first, a little about Kate:
- Name: Katharine Penrod
- Hometown: Soo….I don’t really have one. I have lived in 5 different states, and my parents have also since moved twice since I moved to Ohio. I was born in LaPorte, IN, and have lived in N. Scottsdale, AZ; Brighton, MI; and Farr West, UT. Currently, I am in Cleveland. My parents also moved to Douglas, GA, and now they currently are in Milford, NH.
- Education: BA in VCD from Kent and a BA in traditional Spanish from Kent as well
- Position at Hileman Group: Visual Designer
- What does your desk look like: A war zone lol
- Favorite part of your job: Having the opportunity to work on so many different kinds of clients and projects on a daily basis.
- Cats or dogs: Dogs 100%. But I love all animals, the only reason I don’t love cats as much is because I am allergic to them.
- What is your morning routine: Hit the snooze button about 3 times. It takes a bit for me to wake up, but once I am up, I get ready and make myself breakfast, which is almost always an egg and avocado.
- What do you usually do after work? I will either go to yoga class, out for drinks with friends, or home to cook dinner. I love cooking, so I spend a lot of time trying out new recipes at home.
- Coffee, tea, or nada: Coffee
- Favorite sports team: Ohio State Buckeyes and Cleveland Indians
- Favorite show: Parks and Rec
- Favorite book: The Game of Thrones series
- Favorite food: All food…I don’t really have a favorite. But if I had to pick, probably tacos.
- Describe yourself in one word: Excitable
- Nickname: Kate
So, if you're looking for something to do today, why not follow her on our Twitter and Instagram feeds to see how she spends her days!