We are proud to be a partner of Let’s Put Our Cities on the Map with Google in the Cleveland area. Together we are working with local small businesses to help them succeed on the web. To celebrate National Small Business Week, there was a free workshop held in Cleveland that reviewed tactics and tools to help small businesses grow online.
Missed the workshop? No problem! We are here to share some of the amazing tools Google offers for small businesses. And the best part is most of them are completely free! Below we have listed out the steps small businesses can take to grow their businesses online. Get started by clicking the links and if you get stuck, we are here to help.
- Create a Google Account. This single login will provide you access to Gmail, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google AdWords, and more!
- Get your organization on Google My Business (maps). Connect with customers as they search on Google and Google Maps.
- Set up Google Analytics on your website. Get insights about how visitors arrive to your site, how they use it and how you can keep them coming back.
- Connect your site to Google Search Console (formerly known as Google Webmaster Tools). Receive information directly from Google about how your site performs in organic results. (Pro tip: Use SEO tactics to boost organic keyword rankings.)
- Track mentions of your brand, industry news, or competitors with Google Alerts.Monitor the conversations happening so you can be proactive.
- Find popular searches with Google Trends. Learn what the world is really searching for. Compare search patterns across locations, categories and time.
- Promote your business with Google AdWords. No matter the size of your budget, you can show ads on the Google Search Network or Google Display Network. The platform is free to use, but adspend money is required.
Don’t think it is important to be found online? Think again. “97% of consumers use the web to find local goods and services.”* Get started today!