Who doesn't like pizza? Pepperoni, sausage, mushroom, or just plain cheese, pizza is one of our main food groups. There are even parties thrown in pizza's honor! So, how else would we spend a day in February, if not celebrating (read: eating) pizza?!
Here is a slice (get it?) of interesting facts about pizza (thank you, Internet!):
- The first pizza was sold in Naples, Italy, in 1738.
- Over 3 billion pizzas are sold in the U.S. each year.
- 17% of all U.S. restaurants are pizzerias.
- Americans consume on average 23 pounds of pizza per person each year.
- More pizzas are sold on Super Bowl Sunday than any other day of the year.
- Pepperoni is the most popular pizza topping, at 36% of all pies ordered.
So, celebrate with us, get yourself a pizza pie on February 9. Deep dish, thin crust, New York or Chicago, even bad pizza is good pizza.
As always, to use this desktop wallpaper on your computer, download the image by clicking on the appropriate link below and save the image to your desktop. Right click on the image, select “Set as desktop background” and enjoy all month!
Click the link to download your desktop wallpaper: 1024 x 768 | 1280 x 800 | 1366 x 768 |
1920 x 1080
Click the link to download the wallpaper for your iPhone: iPhone 6 | iPhone 6 Plus